Saturday, May 15, 2010

The annual camping trip

Dwayne loves to race in Syllamo, Arkansas every year, and Lucas and I have made it a tradition that we tag along. It's beautiful there and a great state park to camp in. So since we have been there quite a few times, I have plenty of pictures taken from there. This year I figured I would try to take pictures from a different point of view. I still took the typical "tourist" pictures, but I'm pleased with my pictures I took there this year.

Here's Lucas's tree. He would climb this tree all the time. It was on our campsite right by the road, so it was a perfect spot for him to sit (sometimes unnoticed) and people watch.







I always have to pass this barn. I just love the look of the wooden barn and the old car parked in the carport.

Taken while in the car and it was raining, so the picture looks blurry. But I just wanted to show the beauty of the area.

I took a picture of this last year but while in the car. This year I made Dwayne pull over so I could take a more decent one.



While there we bought Lucas this dragon which in the movie "how to train your dragon" is called toothless. We got him the toy and said we would go see the movie at the theater, which we just did today. It is a really good movie, I loved it. And toothless was so cute!





While there a tornado touched down about 30 miles from us. That same night the sheriff came racing through the park with sirens on and yelling to get in the restrooms a tornado is coming. Yep, lots of fun and to this day Lucas still has to check with us that no tornado is coming. We camped right next to the bridge but we were told the water couldn't get to our site, but the only thing was that we had to cross that bridge to leave the park, so we were told to keep an eye on it.

The guys doing prep work for the race. Look at the cute bike on the far left.


I even did some reading while there. And yes, I know I'm way behind the rest of the population.




I love this picture of the dirty knees, snack and the bike getting a rest.


Dirty bike and dirty but still smiling racer.


And can I just say that I love my new lens. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!

I could show a lot more pictures, but figured that for now this was enough. And it's a pain in the you know what to upload this many.

2 comments:

tracey said...

what a great trip. and so many beautiful pictures out of it. i also loved that barn!

Unknown said...

Hej Bettina
New moon - jeg har også lige forst laest den faerdig, saa jeg er ogsaa bagud:o)
Hvordan du traener din drage - super hyggelig tegnefilm - jeg saa den i 3D.

Knus Mette