Sunday, July 05, 2009

Fireworks Extravaganza!

That's what the carnival was called which took place last weekend here in "beep" town, but we did not stick around for the fireworks, because it was so bleeping hot! It said in the local paper that it would start at 9:30pm and about 10 minutes or so before starttime we had found a nice spot on a grassy area to watch the fireworks from. But around 9:40 when the fireworks hadn't started yet, we or should I say I was ready to go. I get sooo irritated by the heat, I can't stand the humidity. I thought being at 9:30 at night I would be okay, but still at that hour the heat was terrible, and we were sticky and sweaty. (I guess that's me being the European where nobody knows what humidity is). So we left, and we got home right at 10, and we could see the fireworks begin from our house - couldn't be any better than that :-)

Here is a good picture of Dwayne wiping the sweat off of him, and this was taken after the sun had set. Lucas could care less, he was having the time of his life on this ride.

Yeah, I'm such a dork. I was the only adult on this ride, but hey dad gets a ride with his kid and gosh darn it, I want that too!

After a couple of rides we finished off the ride with some funnel cake and popcorn..mmmm...

No comments: