Wednesday, February 16, 2011

In two weeks..

my sweet "little" boy is turning six years old!!! How did that happen?? Time has sure flown by, and it has been a great ride so far.
Just a little mommy brag here. I can't believe how much he has learned the last six months. When he started Kindergarten he could barely any of his letters in the alphabet. It's not that we didn't practise with him, but it just didn't seem to click for him. He maybe knew a handful of letters.
Now, six months later, he knows his entire alphabet, almost count without help to 100, he can write small sentences and he can read small books with sight words that we bought for him. It's truly amazing. I'm so proud of him.
His strong subject is definitely math. But I guess the apple don't fall far from the tree, but math has always been my favorite subject. I never cared for English (or in my case, Danish). I always despised writing essays.
So here two weeks before his 6th birthday it's amazing to think of how much he has learned in his short life.
And he is pretty excited about his birthday. We are inviting the boys from his class for a party at chuck e cheese. That should be an experience in itself.
He's also wondered if he will be as tall as a kid from his class when he turns six. Wonder if he thinks when he wakes up on his birthday that he has grown a few extra inches? ;-)

No comments: